Thursday, July 26, 2012

My Own Protector

Disheartened.  A connection sought.
Attempts made to bridge the gap,
And for reciprocity, seemed naught.
For into my soul, none can tap.

The rapport appears one-sided,
Others' motives easily are-
Perceived, when subdivided,
Yet mine, for them, hardened-afar.

If being forthcoming holds the key,
And efforts at honesty are made,
Yet falling on deaf ears, every plea,
How then, is there an even trade?

Expelling sentiments in the vain hope,
For my own personal therapy,
Offers no true solution to cope,
If understanding's lost inextricably.

Perhaps then it is preferable,
To: restore the peace that is tearing;
Refuse candor as the principle,
And; diminish otiose sharing.

An enigma, never understood,
Should retreat and slowly disappear,
And reject possibilities that could,
Develop from relations so near.

I shall erect a fortress for defense,
Against the ineffectual arsenal,
Of the feeble endeavors whence,
Good intentions defy what's rational.

If feigning concern remains my curse,
In order to appease the multitude,
Then all my ambitions, I'll reverse,
And suffer in the silent solitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment