Monday, March 11, 2013

Rock

Straying from my winding road,
I happened to come upon you,
A rock: hard, strong, and bold;
From atop, an intoxicating view.

Impulsivity took control.
I lost myself in your starry appeal,
Dismissing myself as a whole,
How I am, think, and feel.

The sun rose, and the stars fled.
I fell from your Romantic nook;
Unknowingly, leaving a bed,
An imprint.  The memory of it, I took.

Having already wandered off course,
I surrendered to the deviation,
Staggered ahead with clumsy force,
And found only consternation.

Ensnared in the thick of the wood,
I formed an instrument for use,
Created a new path, that would-
Cease this torturous abuse.

Somehow, arriving safely home,
I slowly recuperated, and set out;
To trek on my existential roam,
Cautious always, of turning about.

Encouraged, fortified, and driven,
I continued on my journey,
Seeking anew, for what I had striven,
And to reinvent a strengthened me.

While balancing my baggage,
And deep in constant reflection,
My eyes were pulled to the horizon's edge,
Where I sensed a once lost connection.

A familiar sight appeared before me;
I drew nearer with each new step,
You, modified, from what used to be.
So overjoyed at sight, I nearly wept.

Countless waves have visibly eroded you,
You wear the changes on your surface.
Perhaps humbled, but ever; so true,
Grounded, and with purpose.

To find you, a potential fixture,
Is a hopeful, inspiring shock.
Can we form a blended mixture?
Can you be my foundation, my rock?

No comments:

Post a Comment