Thursday, February 5, 2015

Oh you, sweet Protagonist

Oh you, dearest of Authors,
How your story captivates!
For within me, the plot stirs,
And I, envy your Players' traits.

Oh you, bravest of Heroes,
How your victories resound!
For you've defeated foes,
And wrestled demons to ground.

Oh you, wittiest of Minds,
How your comedy transcends!
For me, your humor unwinds,
And my dull spirit, upends.

Oh you, tenderest of Hearts,
How your charm lovingly flows!
For it heals the ruptured parts,
And coats my core, 'til it glows. 

{Yet, oh you, saddest of Souls,
How you lack a Love in life!
Forsake not, I, am your goals,
And will lessen and share, strife.}

[Note; I was quite torn whether or not to add the last stanza and yet, ultimately I decided to include it. Almost a year later, I still find myself facing the same ambiguity thus, I added the brackets.  It seems right to leave it to you to decide.]

No comments:

Post a Comment